Introduction

WELCOME! I've been cycling through the Southeast Valleys of Wales since 2010 and I can't say (or show) enough about the place. I just love it. So if you've got the interest and would like to spend some time... sit back and let me show you some of the fabulous places I've discovered.

Saturday, 23 September 2017

VOLUME 01 ISSUE 04 
Getting to the Core


2017 has been a great year of cycling. The downside is that I haven't written much about it and now I've a huge amount of material to publish. So I'm dedicating the next few months to update my back catalog of adventures. As you can see too, I've begun sharing external links of websites I find of particular interest. It just seems to make sense.



Rides
I'm returning to my core purpose for creating this diatribe by reintroducing the section entitled oddly enough; "Rides". (Found in the navbar above...) To start with, I've got two great trips for you to read about: "The Punchbowl" and "Pontypool Folly". I'll be updating this section regularly so be sure to check back.



Lady Purple
Also of note is Melanie's 30 year old mountain bike; the poor thing has sat around partially disassembled, tyres deflated, and un-loved for nearly a year. But she's back! I started fiddling with her last week and I must say she's riding better than ever. Check out my write up in the latest "Gear" section.



Mike's Imagination
I read quite a few cycle blogs and I try to support them as much as I can. Mike's Imagination is one of my favourites. His lifestyle and outlook is admirable, his writing is great, and his photography is brilliant. I hate him deeply (hate=envy). His latest post is short and to the point. Damn him! Fish On!
(photo credit; MHayes © 2017)



The Radavist
I've included a link to The Radavist; a website that captures the spirit of West Coast cycling with great content including wacky travel stories and unique product reviews. I just like poking around, looking at their work, and enjoying the mental grove. It's a cool mashup of bikepacking trends meet the '70s! Dig it.



Without Bounds
Lastly, I've thrown in a video for you to watch; Without Bounds. It's some fairly radical outsider stuff not suited for everyone, but it talks to the gypsy in me deeply. I am of that ilk and were I not married and living comfortably in Wales... this is where you might find me.



I hope you've enjoyed your visit and thanks for stopping by.
Cheers! - cm