Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Friday, 9 December 2016

YEAR IN REVIEW 
Writing songs about firing cannons


"To live is to war with trolls in heart and soul. To write is to sit in judgement on oneself."
- Ghosts, Henrik Ibsen



Admittedly, my blog has gone off in a completely different direction of late. I'm no longer interested in lengthy descriptions. I'm over the romance. There are plenty of people waxing poetic on their cycle trips. They can have it. I'm going somewhere else.

Something changed this past year... I don't quite know how to describe it. But I feel different and I'm wanting more than what I've been doing. And I'm gonna get into it.

I'll document my journeys. I'm sure that I'll keep tracking my mileage. (I can't shake that crazy.) I'll probably keep the gear section, but I'm reconsidering the routes and events sections. I'm done with planning events for other people. Seriously. If you want to ride your bike... just get on the damn thing and ride. You don't need any help from me.

I'm gonna plan events for me. If you want to come along, drop me a line.



I'm crossing the road, heading up the tractor path through the field to the "old doc house". It's fallen down in the woods. That's where you'll find me.

Ads Inside Post