Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Friday, 11 March 2016

55 FOR 55 EVENT 
Day 7 - Milestone #1


Well folks... I made it through the first week. WooHoo! And I'm feelin' pretty good. I've completed seven days and 385 miles*. I've 48 days and 2,640 miles remaining. Cool.

Also of note, for the first time today I began wondering; "When am I going to hit the wall?" How's that for some serious reality checkin'? I guess I'm just a bit skeptical on how I'm feeling... how the bike is holding up... how my schedule is working, etc. It's all coming together surprisingly well. It's a bit unnerving to be honest...


But there are parts that are tricky: getting laundry done, checking email, writing for the blog, posting updates to JustGiving, posting updates to Facebook (loads of groups to share with... very time consuming!), checking the weather thousands of times because it changes every friggin' 15 minutes!, thanking all the great people who are supporting me, encouraging me, donating loads of money, telling my wife that I love her madly and adore her and letting her know that I couldn't do any of this craziness without her love and support.

It's all just fabulous and crazy and intense and brilliant and good ole' fun. Thank you everyone! I mean it from the bottom of my heart; YOU ROCK!



Okay... so now it's time for some more photos that I took over the past week that didn't make it into the previous posts. I'm not sure how I overlooked these, but I do write early in the morning so perhaps my mind was not quite working yet.

This set of images are from my alternate weekend ride where I go out Jerusalem Lane to Glascoed. It's a bit longer, but a lovely route. If anyone is contemplating joining me, I'd say come on a day when I'm riding this way.















So this is my celebration page... having completed my first week; seven days, 385 miles. Thanks again for stopping by... cheers ~ cm




NOTE: (*) My actual daily mileage varies. I cycle a minimum of 55 miles every day, but most often it is more. To see the actual daily amounts view 2016 Monthly Details.
Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post