Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Tuesday, 22 March 2016

55 FOR 55 EVENT - DAY 17 
Winter Returns!


THURSDAY, 17 MARCH - It was a beautiful day... but as the day progressed it became increasingly cold and windy. What happened to the lovely warm temperatures from earlier this week? Although, I am reticent to complain... at least it's NOT raining or snowing. I've had eight days of glorious sun and I should be very happy. I am happy.

I've started leaving around 9:15 in order to let the "Mommy bumper-cars" dissipate. Traffic is comical around the neighborhood as the parents scuttle about dropping their ragamuffins off to school. It's a parade of sleepy faces behind foggy wind screens.

So, I was pretty relaxed riding out and decided I'd take a few photos along the way between Little Mill and Usk. It's a lovely section, but I often race along there because it's slightly downhill or flat and the road is rather sweeping along through the country.










Each day I try to focus on one or more of my themes as I document my rides. Today included: Landscapes, Architecture, Roadside Details, and "Critters". Sometimes though, I just take photos of what I fancy. I am so lucky to cycle through such a lovely and diverse landscape. I think it will be interesting to review all the images once I've finished. (At least that is what I'm hoping!)












How many stories were told in these old abandoned pubs, sitting along roadsides sinking into the past? When I first moved here I would occasionally see cars parked about this place... but no more. I guess the folks that ran the place decided one day that it was just too much of a bother and packed it all in. C'est la vie. And this too shall come to pass...



I continued into Usk, had a latte and went on "as ya do". The day became shockingly cold though. I was sitting in Newport having my lunch when suddenly I noticed that I could see my breath! I checked the temp gauge on my Garmin and it registered 2°! WHAT?!?!

I was freezing. I quickly packed up my things and got on my way. I stopped briefly in Fanny's, said my hellos and raced off. It never ceases to shock me how changeable the weather is in this tiny little country! No more photos today!

I made it home in fairly good time, flushed and in need of a hot shower. Brrrr... what a day! Thanks for stopping by, but bring some warm weather with ya next time! HA!

Cheers ~ cm
Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post