Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Monday, 4 February 2013

... and ride I did.

What a beautiful Day. After two weeks of cold, and ice, and snow, and being locked in the house... just looking out the window and wondering if the sun will ever come out again... HELLO SUNSHINE!

Looking up Rhymney Valley toward New Tredegar ahead in the distance.


Above New Tredegar in the Rhymney Valley.


Looking back from the Heads of the Valleys.

Despite a relentless headwind (with 35-40 kph gusts), I rode up through New Tredegar to Rhymney, across the Heads of the Valleys (NCN Route 46), and then back down through Ebbw Vale to Crumlin and home (view the route here). The temperature felt positively mild at 7c-9c (48f).

Heading back down the valley.

It's not often that I ride primarily on the roads, but they were surprisingly quiet today... and too, I wanted to tackle a few hills. The stats worked out at 37.7 miles with +2970 ft. elevation gain... over 5 hours (7.54 average mph). Not too shabby, I must say. And a decent start for February.

Unfortunately, the weather is supposed to turn colder and wetter for tomorrow so we'll just have to see how the remainder of the month works out.

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post