Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Sunday, 22 April 2012

rain, rain, rain...

Someone said that this has been the coldest Spring in Wales for 100 years. I don't know if that is true, but it certainly has been the coldest I've ever seen. I've ridden in snow, hail, and bucket loads of cold, cold rain. It's APRIL folks! Now last week in particular I didn't get as many days in the saddle as I would have liked because of this maddening weather, but the rides were a little longer.

Along the Taff River during a brief respite from the rain...

I set myself a goal to get 15 days of riding in for the month of April. I wasn't going to focus on the overall mileage, however I did cross a milestone last week with 1,019.34 so far this year. Regardless... it is the 22nd of April and I've only ridden 10 days. Now I'm facing the fact that I need to ride my ass off this week.

and I've yet to tire of Caerphilly Castle...

So I'm going to clean my bike today and ride tomorrow, then Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and the following Monday. With that I'll make the 15 days and should have well over 500 miles for the month.


Route Details: Secondary roads for 2 miles from Oakdale to Pontllanfraith. NCN 47 from Pontllanfraith to Quakers Yard. NCN 8 from Quakers Yard to Nantgarw. NCN 4 from Nantgarw to Bassaleg. Local bike route from Bassaleg to Rogerstone. NCN 47 from Rogerstone to Pontllanfraith. Secondary roads for 2 miles back from Pontllanfraith to Oakdale.

Totals: 51.68 miles. Time: 7.5 hours (including stops) Avg. Speed: 6.89 mph



I have ridden in the hail... I got soaking wet and froze my skinny ass off... Did I have a good time? Hell yes! I even had the time to take some photos... so here ya go until next time. Cheers, cm

Nice looking road signs way out in the country...

Nice looking flowers way out in the country...

Nice looking country way out in the country...

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post